Captains Career Course
Welcome to the Army Medical Center of Excellence, Captains Career Course at Joint Base San Antonio-Fort Sam Houston, Texas!
CCC Operations Phone Number: 210.221.7458
Joint Base San Antonio-Fort Sam Houston is considered a “walking campus”. Parking directly adjacent the MEDCOE is for staff use only and is not authorized for CCC students. For in-processing, please park across the street from the AMEDD museum to avoid being ticketed. You will be given more information regarding authorized student parking areas when you in-process.
- You must utilize a hands free telephone device when talking on cell phones while driving on JBSA Fort Sam Houston. TEXTING while driving is NOT authorized within the city of San Antonio or on JBSA Fort Sam Houston.
- You are not required to have a JBSA Fort Sam Houston Department of Defense (DoD) registration sticker on your vehicle to obtain access to the base.
- Students are not authorized to drive motorcycles while in CCC.
AMEDD CCC FTX/STAFFEX Packing List
1x Patrol Cap
1x Eye Protection
1x ACU or OCP Set
1x ID Tags
1x CAC Card
1x Pair Boots
1x Front Load Carrier
1x Canteen Pouch (Far Left)
1x Triple Magazine Pouch (Front Left)
1x Double Mag Pouch (Front Right)
1x IFAK (Middle Right)
1x Canteen Pouch (Far Right)
1x Canteen Cup
1x Hydration Carrier with Bladder (or Second Canteen)
1x Set Gloves
1x Combo or Padlock
1x Pair Boots
2x ACU or OCP Set
3x Pair Socks
1x APFU Set
2x PT Socks
1x PT Shoes
1x PT Belt
1x Complete Modular Sleep System
1x Poncho Liner
1x Flashlight/Headlamp (Red Lens/Red Light Capable)
1x Wet Weather Top
1x Wet Weather Bottom
1x Field Toiletry Kit (3x Days of Supply)
1x Pair Shower Shoes
1x Package of Hygiene Wipes (3x Days of Supply)
1x Cold Weather Top
1x Cold Weather Bottom
1x Cold Weather Gloves
1x Set POLYPRO Undergarments
1x Fleece Jacket
1x APFU Jacket
1x APFU Pants
1x APFU Long Sleeve Shirt
1. ACU Pattern equipment is authorized for wear with OCP uniforms. However, all the equipment on the Student must be in the same pattern. Reference AR 670-1 for additional guidance.
2. Commercial backpacks, hydration systems (Camelback) gloves and other equipment are authorized if:
- The commercial equipment matches the capability, functionality and form of the Government issued equipment. Cadre will make determinations if commercial equipment does not meet capability, functionality and form of Government issued equipment.
- The commercial equipment is the same pattern as the worn Government issued equipment.
- The commercial equipment is a solid subdued US Army tactical color (Black, Foliage Green, Sand, Tan, Coyote Brown, Loam etc…). Cadre will make determinations if commercial equipment does not meet tactical color intent.
3. IFAK DOES NOT need to be fully stocked.
4. Recommend brining both clear and tinted lenses for EyePro, operations will occur at night.
5. Sewn-on name plates and tags are not required on equipment.
6. One lock to secure personal gear in a duffel bag is required.
7. Contact POCs below if your Installation does not have a Central Issue Facility, or if you do not have access to one.
8. Excess baggage fees are eligible for reimbursement when filing your TDY voucher.